- ✔ scrypt Litecoin-based cryptocurrency
- ✔ DarkGravityWave network protection
- ✔ confirmation block every 2 Mars minutes (123 seconds)
- ✔ difficulty retargets every 24 hours 39 minutes (Mars day or "sol")
- ✔ subsidy halves every Mars year (668 sols)
- ✔ 721 blocks per sol
- ✔ 50 coins per block
- ✔ 48 million total coins by 2024
- ✔ 500k donation for non-profit MarsOne
- ✔ 500k donation for The Mars Society
- ✔ developed and supported by The Marscoin Foundation, Inc.
Marscoin is an implementation of Litecoin the Bitcoin alternate using scrypt as a proof-of-work algorithm. If you don't know what cryptocurrencies are watch this video or go to bitcoins.com for more info.
Marscoin targets to become the first cryptocurrency on Mars, and functions as a proof of concept for incentivizing and privatizing space exploration funding.